Prof. Redaelli is the Director of the Center for Research on the Southern System and Wider Mediterranean (CRiSSMA) of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milano (Italy), where he teaches "Geopolitics", "History of Asia", "Post Conflict and Emergency Management" and "Strategic Studies".
He is also Director of the Master in Middle Eastern Studies (MIMES) at the Graduate School of Economics and International Relations (ASERI) - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore. Prof. Redaelli teaches "Post Conflict Institution building and international security" at the Master in International Cooperation and Development (MIC&D).
Prof. Redaelli is also:
· columnist (Foreign Policy issues) of the Italian Newspaper Avvenire;
· scientific coordinator of the International Center of Geopolitics (Ce.St.In.Geo), Valenza;
· member of the Scientific Committee of the Italian Center for the Peace in Middle East (CIPMO, Milano);
· member of the Steering Committee of the Scientific Association Asia Maior;
· member of the Editorial Board of the Journal Storia Urbana (Urban History);
· senior analyst of Wikistrat.
- Director of the Middle East Program of the Center Landau Network - Centro Volta (Como), (2004 - 2010) and Associate Senior Fellow at the same institute (2010 - 2012). In that position he participated at several track-2 programs with Iran, Iraq, North and South Korea as well as India/Pakistan sponsored by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and several American and Canadian Foundations and organized more than 10 International Workshops. In particular, he coordinated:
· 2005 - 2010, Italy - Iraq Bilateral Program of Human-Capacity Building and Scientific-Academic Cooperation with the Iraqi university system, sponsored by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and carried out in coordination with the Iraqi Nazional Academy of Science, whose President is Dr. Husayn al-Shahristani (currently the Deputy Prime Minister of the Government of Iraq).
· 2005 - 2012, a program of reconciliation amongst the Iraqi ethno-religious communities and of analysis of the political, security and economic scenarios of that country sponsored by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Research-Fellow at the Military Center for Strategic Studies (CeMiSS) of the Italian Ministry of Defence, where he coordinated several of its international research-groups on Middle East, Iran, Radical Islamism and non-proliferation issues.
- 2009 - 2013 - 2014, Member of the NATO TOLA group in Afghanistan, visiting ISAF.
- 2005 - 2006, Visiting Professor at The St. Joseph's University of Beirut.
Prof. Redaelli got a Ph.D. in "History and Institutions of Modern and Contemporary History of Asia" from the University of Cagliari and, since 1990, he carried out extensive field-works in Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Xinjiang, Iraq and the Gulf .